Tuesday 3 February 2009

First blog EVER!!

This is my first ever blog.

I work as a learning support tutor, educational developer and researcher at the University of Portsmouth. We use WebCT Vista at the university but call it Victory. Previously I was a teacher in a college of further in education in Brixton in London where we started using Blackboard. At that time I used it for online learning games etc but now we are hoping to experiment with online workshops as well as tutoring via e-mail and VLE.

I am still finding it strange being on the other side of the VLE but it is an interesting experience. I feel a little lost in the course at the moment and am trying to workout what I have to do this week. I have done quite a lot of distance learning with the Open University but only one online course which was ages ago in 2001 and was quite introductory so I am getting used to the whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Judith

    Can i ask what is the significance of Sealions? Are you a big fan or is it something to do with Portsmouth?

    Abi

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the course and the blogging - it can be quite addictive - but I usually end up writing my entries very late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judith,
    I am a study skills advisor at the University of Hull and we are also about to experiment with online workshops in study skills. I'd be very interested to know how your workshops go, and will keep you posted about our workshops if you like.
    Robyn Adams

    ReplyDelete